Welcome to the World Affairs Review (“WAR”)
The terms, “WAR,” “our,” “us,” and “we” is used interchangeably throughout this Terms of Service and Use document and refers to; the World Affairs Review website and its associated platforms including on social media and other forums, the owners of World Affairs Review website and domain name “www.wordaffairsreveiw.com;” and the employees and associates of the owner.
The terms “users,” “user,” “you,” and “your” is used interchangeably through this entire Terms of Service and Use document, to denote users of this website.
- General: Please read these Terms of Service and Use carefully before using, or submitting content in any form or medium for publication on WAR. By continuing to use us, or by submitting content for publication on WAR, you agree, to abide by, and that you are bound by, these Terms of Service and Use, as amended from time to time.
- Modifications: We reserve the right to change these Terms of Service and Use, at any time, and you agree (including by virtue of your continued use of our website and its associated platforms) to be bound by any such changes. Please re-visit the “Terms” link on our website from time to time to stay up-to-date with the most current version of these Terms of Service and Use.
- Copyright and Trademark Information. All materials on this website (“WAR Contents & Materials”) are protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws of its respective owners. WAR does not claim to own any copyright, unless specifically mentioned as “Exclusive”. These contents and materials are owned by WAR or its partners, or are used with permission of their owners or as otherwise authorized by law. WAR Contents & Materials include, but are not limited to, the photographs, images, illustrations, text, video clips, audio clips, designs, logos, trademarks and other materials contained in this website. All rights are reserved.
You agree not to display or use “WAR” or “World Affairs Review” marks in any manner without WAR’s prior written consent.
- Appropriateness & Availability: WAR makes no representation or warranty that the contents and materials published on our website and associated forums are appropriate and/or available for use in all geographical locations. Accessing them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this website from such locations where its access and use, is prohibited, do so, on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
- Fair Use Notice and Copyright Issues: This website may contain copyrighted materials, the use of which may not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such contents and material available on our website and other associated platforms including third party platforms such as social media, as part of our efforts to advance the understanding of world affairs, politics, and international relations for the common benefit of mankind. The contents and materials thus published on WAR website is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. We believe this constitutes a ‘Fair Use’ of any such copyrighted material.
However, for contents and materials, that we wish to publish on our website, that which is used beyond the principle constituting ‘Fair Use,’ WAR shall:
- a) Make every effort to contact, intimate and seek the permissions of external websites and licence owners of such contents and materials including photographs, images, illustrations, text, video clips, audio clips, designs, logos, trademarks and other materials prior to use of such contents and materials. We promise to grant proper credit to the external website and/or licence owner at the end of the webpage by inclusion of the phrase “Used with the permission of ___,” hyperlinking the text, as may be advised.
- b) Considering the timely nature of our subject and timeliness of a topic, in case we fail to secure appropriate permissions of the external websites and licence owners of such contents and materials including photographs, images, illustrations, text, video clips, audio clips, designs, logos, trademarks and other materials, in time, prior (as outlined in Section 6a) to the use of such contents and materials, we shall make our best efforts to seek such permissions simultaneous as we use the contents and materials on our website. In such scenario, we shall include the following phrase at the end of the webpage “Permission for use, awaited” without providing any hyperlinks.
- c) In case, we inadvertently fail, or are unable, to seek permissions, prior to (as outlined in Section 6a), or simultaneous (as outlined in Section 6b), and if you believe in good faith, that any of the contents or materials on the WAR website infringes your copyright, you may contact us, intimating about the infringement, and requesting that the material be removed. WAR assures you that your alerts will be promptly looked into, and remedied, once we are convinced that you are the actual owner of the said material, that you claim has been infringed.
- Usage Policy. Unless expressly permitted, you may not copy, reproduce, distribute, publish, enter into a database, display, perform, modify, create derivative works, transmit, or in any way exploit any of WAR Contents & Materials, except as follows:
- a) Users may make one machine readable copy and one print copy of occasional articles of personal interest, solely for personal, non-commercial use;
- b) Users may print or reproduce discrete portions of WAR articles published on this website, solely for purposes of commentary or analysis, so long as proper credit is given to WAR by inclusion of the phrase “Used with the permission of World Affairs Review” and providing a hyperlink to www.worldaffairsreview.com. No user is authorized to change the material or the meaning of the WAR Contents and Materials. If these conditions are observed, the reproduction will qualify as “Fair Use of WAR Contents and Materials.”
- c) Users may post a text-only hyperlink to an article or other item on the WAR website; however, WAR reserves the right to revoke such permission for links at any time.
- d) Users will not remove, alter or obscure any copyright, legal or proprietary notices in or on any portions of WAR Contents & Materials without prior written authorization except as set forth herein, any other use of the information contained in this site requires the prior written consent of WAR and may require a separate fee.
- e) You also agree to observe the privacy of all other Users and not to use the personal information of any other User for any commercial, promotional or other purpose.
- Reprint/Republish Terms. Any reproduction, printing or publishing, or other use of any WAR Contents & Materials for any other purposes (other than as outlined in Section 6) requires the prior written permission of WAR. Please contact us to request permission mentioning how, where and which of WAR Contents & Materials is sought to be used, published, displayed or posted, and we will respond, subject to the following terms and conditions:
- a) Granting of such permission shall not be construed as transferring or assigning any ownership rights over WAR Contents & Materials, to you, or any other person or entity.
- b) You agree that the permission being granted to you is for single, one time use, of that specific WAR content & material, for which such request, has been placed.
- c) You are not permitted to transfer such permissions granted exclusively to you by WAR for single, one time use of specifically mentioned WAR Contents & Materials, to any other person, party, or entity, apart from the website/publication for which the permission was sought at the first place.
- d) You may not rent, lease, sub-license, distribute, transfer, copy, reproduce, publicly display, publish, adapt, store or time-share, WAR Contents & Materials in full or in any parts thereof, to, or through any other person, or entity, unless separately, specifically and directly authorized in writing by WAR, prior to such use.
- e) Any further or additional request for use of WAR Contents & Materials by you, or any other party who through you, or otherwise, must be made directly to WAR stating the purpose and mentioning how, where and which WAR Contents & Materials are intended to be used.
- f) If the terms, on the basis of which, permission to reprint and/or republish is granted is seen to be violated, WAR reserves the right to revoke such permission immediately and you will be liable for actual and punitive damages as determined by WAR and additional damages to be determined by a Indian court of Law.
- g) Upon terminating your viewing of these materials, or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- Disclaimer of Warranties and Liability. WAR WEBSITE INCLUDES FACTS, VIEWS, OPINIONS AND RECOMMENDATIONS OF INDIVIDUALS AND ORGANIZATIONS DEEMED OF INTEREST, AND WAR DOES NOT ENDORSE THESE VIEWS, OPINIONS AND RECOMMENDATIONS. WAR SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE WAR WEBSITE AND ITS CONTENT, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, TIMELINESS, NONINFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. ALTHOUGH WAR ATTEMPTS TO ENSURE THE INTEGRITY AND ACCURATENESS OF THE WAR WEBSITE, IT MAKES NO GUARANTEES WHATSOEVER AS TO THE CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, AND/OR RELIABILITY OF THE WEBSITE, NOR OF ANY REVIEW, ADVICE, OPINION, STATEMENT, OR OTHER INFORMATION DISPLAYED OR PROVIDED OR AVAILABLE THROUGH LINKS THROUGH OUR WEBSITE, OR TO OUR WEBSITE. ALTHOUGH WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CORRECT ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS ON OUR WEBSITE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT ANY RELIANCE UPON ANY SUCH REVIEW, OPINION, ADVICE, STATEMENT, MEMORANDUM, OR INFORMATION SHALL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. WAR DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY AND RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY ERRORS, OMISSIONS, BUGS, VIRUSES, OR OTHER PROBLEMS IN THIS WEBSITE AND FOR ANY DAMAGES CAUSED THEREBY. WAR WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY LOSS OR INJURY CAUSED IN WHOLE OR PART BY ITS NEGLIGENCE OR CONTINGENCIES BEYOND ITS CONTROL IN PROCURING, COMPILING, INTERPRETING, REPORTING OR DELIVERING WAR AND ITS CONTENT. IN NO EVENT WILL WAR BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY DECISION MADE OR ACTION TAKEN BY YOU IN RELIANCE ON WAR CONTENT. WAR SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, OR SIMILAR DAMAGES), OTHER THAN DIRECT DAMAGES, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. BECAUSE SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES OR THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN TYPES OF WARRANTIES, PARTS OR ALL OF THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Outbound links to external website: The WAR website contains links to other Internet websites. These links will allow you to leave WAR website. However, these links are not endorsements of those websites and/or any products or services in such websites, and no information in such websites has been endorsed or approved by WAR.
- Backlink to WAR on external websites: WAR has not reviewed all of the websites linked to its website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked websites. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by WAR of the website. Use of any such linked websites is at the user’s own risk.
- Submissions, Postings, Comments and Forums. User or third party submissions or postings are the views of the author, poster or commenter. You shall be solely responsible for your own submissions and the consequences of posting or publishing them. They do not necessarily reflect the views of WAR, its owners or their associates. WAR disclaims any responsibility for such submissions, postings, comments and forum messages submitted to it. WAR does not knowingly collect or seek any data or submissions from people under the age of 13.
- a) WAR has the sole discretion over whether to publish, edit or delete any material or materials that may be submitted to WAR website and its associated platforms and publications.
- b) WAR reserves the right to review or edit such submissions, postings, comments and forum messages, and to restrict or deny access to submissions, postings, commenting and messaging platforms and public discussion forums and sections, or other part of the WAR website created now or planned to be developed in the future.
- c) By submitting any postings, comments or other messages to WAR, the author, poster or commenter gives WAR all rights to the material and authorizes WAR to publish the material in any media now known or hereafter developed, and to use, adapt, recast, distribute, display, perform, or transmit it in any way, as WAR may determine in its sole discretion.
- d) By submitting your name or other identifying data with a posting, comments or other submission, you give WAR the right to publish that data, and to use that data for promotional or any other purpose.
- e) Please do not submit any confidential, proprietary, or copyrighted material without authorization of its owner. In case you do, WAR will assume that you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to use and authorize us to use all patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights in and to any and all such submissions to enable inclusion and use of such submissions in the manner contemplated by us and these Terms of Services and Use. If you fail to follow these terms, kindly note that you shall be solely responsible for your own submissions and the consequences of posting or publishing them.
- f) The posting of any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation is strictly prohibited.
- g) Submission of any material that is obscene, defamatory, threatening or that infringes any trademark, copyright, privacy right, or other legal right is prohibited.
- h) If this website contains message/bulletin boards, chat rooms, or other message or communication facilities (collectively, “Forums”), you agree to use the Forums only to send and receive messages and material that are proper and related to the particular Forum. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree that when using a Forum, you shall not do any of the following:
- i) Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- ii) Publish, post, distribute or disseminate any defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful material or information.
iii) Upload files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy of publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents.
- iv) Upload files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer.
- v) Conduct or forward surveys, contests, or chain letters.
- vi) Download any file posted by another user of a Forum that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner.
- Severability: If any part or parts of these Terms of Service and Use is declared unenforceable by a court or other competent judicial authority, that provision shall be enforced to the maximum extent permissible, so as to effect the intent of the Terms of Service and Use, and the remainder of these Terms of Service and Use shall continue in full force and effect.
- Jurisdiction and Governing Law: The terms of this agreement are exclusively based on and subject to Indian law. You hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of courts in Mumbai, India in all disputes arising out of or relating to the use of this website. Use of this website is unauthorized in any jurisdiction that does not give effect to all provisions of these terms and conditions, including without limitation this paragraph.
- WordPress Terms of Service: In consideration of the fact that the WAR website is currently hosted on the free wordpress.com platform you are advised to read the WordPress Terms of Services as this website will is subject to these terms.